Saturday, February 20, 2010

Choose Floral Painting For Your Vacation House

This painting is perfect for a subtle, casual vacation house and would look gorgeous in living room, dining room or bed room. Bring in your house the colors of sky, sea, and grass.

Original-Painting-modern-impressionism
Mona Lisa White Flowers. Original Painting - Oil on canvas (gallery - stretched)
Size: 30"x24".

I love to paint flowers, so I decided to paint white Peonies. They are beautiful for their fair, quiet, almost whispering tones. All over the world, white represents purity and simplicity.
To prevent flowers from feeling too stark and boring I added texture with thick paint brushwork.
For background I had chosen contrasting colors turquoise blue and orange to add little bit drama.
When I balancing contrasting colors, I always think about quantity, value, and intensity of each color I use. In painting all colors are medium-light-value, and low-intensity.

No comments: