Saturday, February 13, 2010

How to create a certain mood or feeling in painting


How to create a certain mood or feeling in painting?

Before beginning any painting I try to ask myself: How can I create a painting that will convey a certain mood or feeling? What do I want to say?
My goal as an artist is to communicate visually in such a way that it will stimulate the viewer’s imagination to see not only with their eyes, but also with their hearts.
I solve the major issues first - values, colors, shapes - and then relating them to one another.
Symbolic meaning of shapes or subjects is very important to me. In this painting the paper boats reminds me childhood. When I think about it, I feel warmth, peace in my heart. Life is too complicated, with this painting I trying to find my way back to my peaceful, worry free childhood.
With the abstract shapes and decorative patterns I express joy and playfulness. White flowers symbolizing innocents, purity.
Window with the beautiful seascape - like mirror of the future, haw I would like to feel. Quiet water gives sense of serenity and peace. Geometric Shapes of houses symbolize order and stability.
I work from my imagination. I always wish to transmit what is pleasant and good for me and I try to recreate this in each painting.
I influenced by everything that moves me.


summer painting
©Ezartesa.

No comments: