Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Painted Sheep

The Painted Sheep.

sheep-cherry-trees
One summer day, after visiting inspiring farm, I fell in love with the sheep, they so cute! Immediately I started painting in my mind.
Couple months later, like a recurring dream, the idea of a sheep painting once again occupied my thoughts. I would like to show, how playful and together elegant sheep are.
sheep-cherry-trees-skech
Firs I work out several ideas in a number of sketches like this one. I play with composition and color. Then I enlarge it on a piece of tracing paper. After working out all the elements on the tracing paper, drawing and redrawing parts until I am satisfied they will work, I trace the drawing on to a larger piece of watercolor paper.
In this painting I used blue, blue greens, orange, red orange, ochre, burnt sienna, burnt umber.
I imagine this painting in elegant room, with light blue green, tan, sand or light peachy walls, red orange sofa with playful blue, green pillows. Chinese coffee table and elegant light wood chairs.

No comments: