Monday, April 19, 2010

Watercolor Portrait of Grandfather

Watercolor portrait of grandfather

This
painting represents my grandfather’s life, and shows the landscapes of his land complete with his parents still standing sauna house, and river where he likes to fishing.
All my childhood summers were spent at my grandparent’s village. When the vision for this painting came to me, I knew this wonderful place was the ideal setting for the image.
There is the symbolic meaning of the oak tree which is in the background to the left of my grandfather’s side. It represents strength and longevity.
My goal was to create a painting that was meaningful and unique.
I used a limited palette of colors: Yellow Ochre, Cadmium Red, Alizarin Crimson, Burn Siena, Raw Umber, Ultramarine Blue, Cobalt Blue, Viridian Green, Ivory Black.

portrait of grandfather

No comments: